The kids mud kitchen had become neglected and under-used so me & Emily decided to give it a spruce up! Here are the before & after pictures:
Even I want to play with it now! As soon as the kids are up they want to go in the garden to make mud pies!
Here’s what we did:
- Made a special area for the mud kitchen using *eco-friendly border edging and play bark.
- Made a trip to a local dollar/pound store & bought the following:
- Small trays for storing bark, leaves, flowers and stones,
- Plastic wine glasses & paper straws,
- Cup-case tray and foil cases,
- Over-door hooks to hang the pans on,
- Wire basket for plates and bowls,
- Metal mixing bowls,
- Plastic shot glasses for small craft items to decorate pies/cakes e.g pom poms, sequins,
- Shower caddy,
- Small plastic baskets for foraging on the beach & in the woods,
- *Ice-cream solar lights.
- I used these *adhesive hooks for adding extra storage space – these have so many uses, I love them!
I loved doing this project with the kids & they both loved get their hands dirty and helping to dig out the plot. Messy kids are happy kids!